437 (a.k.a. 445) West Chestnut Hill Avenue

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(photo courtesy of Chestnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection: 1970.63)

DATE: 1903
ARCHITECT: A. Brockie, (later) R. McGoodwin
ORIGINAL OWNER: John Andrew Harris
CONTRACTOR: George S. Roth

This Colonial Revival house has been known variously as “Highlands,” “Highwinds,”
and “Dunwoodie.” Brookie designed alterations in 1927, and architect Robert R.
McGoodwin designed further alterations in 1937 and 1939. Note the especially
barren landscape, and the tree on the left-hand side that also appears in the
photo of 455 West Chestnut Hill Avenue.