ORIGINAL OWNER: Frederick F. Forepaugh
One of the “first wave” of new houses constructed in Chestnut Hill after the railroad was
opened in 1854, this house signals the transition of Chestnut Hill from a farming community
to a “suburb in the city.” The third floor, with its ornamental stucco exterior, is reportedly an
addition to the original house as is the bracketed cornice supporting the wide overhand and
hipped roof. The front porch has been removed.