DATE: c. 1855
ORIGINAL OWNER: Cephas G. Childs
The architect of the original portion of “Grace Hill” is unknown, however, the New York architect Clayton
Gardner Harris added the two-story stone addition and porches to the Victorian Gothic villa in 1904. To the left
in the photograph is the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad line. It appears that Cephas G. Childs’ fortunes
increased rapidly, as he had constructed 150 Bethlehem Pike in 1850 and then relocated to 8410 Prospect Street
approximately five years later.