ORIGINAL OWNER: William Arrott
ARCHITECT: Theophilus Parsons Chandler
CONTRACTOR: George Hearst
This Victorian Gothic dwelling by Chandler, one of the most prominent of the early architects working in
Chestnut Hill, was extensively altered by the firm of Mellor & Meiggs in 1909 (after John Samuel Naylor took
this photograph). In its original form, the architectural elements of this house are similar to those of 30 West
Chestnut Hill Avenue also designed by Chandler and constructed by Hearst.