ORIGINAL OWNER: Charles A. Porter, Jr.
ARCHITECT: Horace Trumbauer
CONTRACTOR: J.E. & A.L. Pennock
This is considered one of the best examples of the Georgian Revival architecture in Chestnut Hill. Horace Trumbauer
had only four commissions in the community, although he is known for the large county houses and estates in
suburban Philadelphia, and the summer "cottages" in Newport, RI, as well as the design for the Philadelphia
Museum of Art which came out of his office. House to the rear right was torn down in 1912. Original owner was
Charles A. Porter, Jr. Later owners were Post, Gammon and Calvert Hall in 1970.