8862 Towanda Street

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(photo courtesy of Chestnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection: 1970.108, 1970.109, & 1970.143)


DATE: Unknown
ORIGINAL OWNER: Unknown
ARCHITECT: Unknown
CONTRACTOR: Unknown

Known as "The Squirrels," this three-story stucco dwelling perched on the edge of the Wissahickon has gone through
many transformations. A succession of alterations in 1894, 1897, 1900 and 1902 brought it into the form Naylor
captured with his camera by 1910. Photograph Naylor #87 (1970.109) shows the same house with an addition to the north.