DATE: late 19th century (Demolished)
ORIGINAL OWNER: M. Carey Lea
ARCHITECT: Collins + Authenreith
First owner appearing on 1889, 1895 & 1899 atlases is M. Carey Lea. The Thayer family
purchased the residence between 1899 and 1906. Russell and Mary Dixon Thayer were
husband and wife with son Russell Thayer, Jr., who was treasurer of General Coal Co.
(from "Who's Who in Philadelphia, 1926"). The Eleanor Widener Dixon estate (built by
Tilden, Register and Pepper in 1929-30), later owned by Temple University, is now
located on the site on Crefeld Street near Laughlin Lane. The Office of Horace
Trumbauer did later alterations.
Note: demolished in 1926 (see demolition permit in National Register file).
Listed as residence of "R. Thayer." [Russell] on Borie list. Mary D. Thayer