1881 Brief of Title
March 1, 1881, Henry R. Shoch sold a piece of land along 12th street to Charles D. Colladay. Nine days later, Colladay sold the same land to George H. Roberts, who then subdivided the land into 33 smaller lots and executed the same number of mortgages unto Colladay for a total of $114,000. Four days later, Roberts sold the land back to Henry R. Shoch.
Source: “Continuation of Title to 33 Lots of Ground on the East side of 12th Street, extending from Diamond Street to Susquehanna Ave, in the 28th Ward of the City of Philadelphia, belonging to Henry R. Shoch.” Philadelphia, 1881.
drawing of the lots from the 1881 Continuation of Title