Deed Research
German Schoolhouse

 

The following section includes the chronology of the grantors and grantees for the Old First Reform Church.
Further research needs to be done specifically for the German Schoolhouse. When researching this site, there was some
ambiguity concerning whether the Old First Reform Church owned the schoolhouse in the Taylor sketch.
After our interview with the church historian and the site visit, we confirmed that the Schoolhouse
belonged to the German Lutheran Church. For more more information, see the "Additional Information" link.

 

German Schoolhouse
Cherry Street
Ward 6

Note: Over the course of a building's existence, its address may change several times
since street names or numbering have changed at various times in the past.

 

Transfer Sheets


Registry # 1N1, Lot # 107

Date

Grantor

Grantee


June 29, 1872


Ministers, Vestrymen, and
Church Wardens of the German Lutheran Congregation


Sarah C. Sauerbier


April 30, 1881


Alfred H. Keen & Sarah Ann
his wife, being devisee of
Sarah C. Sauerbier


Emily E. Christman, Edward Christman, Eugene R. Christman, William H. Christman, devisee of Sarah C. Sauerbier


March 3, 1885


Eugene R. Christman, Edith
his wife


William H. Christman


March 27, 1885


Edward Christman, Margaret L.
his wife


Emily Christman


July 5, 1945


Land Title Bank & Trust Company, Trustee under William H. Christman


Edwin L. Yeager, 3 rd, and Charles E. Rudolph

 

 

Contents

Home