Maps
German Schoolhouse

 

In researching this site, these maps provided an insight into the changes of the property.
We can conclude from these maps alone that the German Schoolhouse was never demolished
and was rehabilitated for another use. In 1897, the Schoolhouse was used as a paint shop.
In 1915, it was the Robert's Electric Warehouse. It is currently (2004)
the Triune Chiropractic, Counseling, and Wellness Center.

Changes to the name of the alley can also be seen in the maps below.
From Sterlinger Alley in 1859 to Hillsdale in 1879 and then to Orianna Street as it exists today.

 

Plot Map

No. 8N16 - Current (November 2004)


Source: Philadelphia Bureau of Surveys and Design

 

 

Fire Insurance Maps

1859


Source: Free Library of Philadelphia, Hexamer & Locher, Maps of the City of Phildelphia.

 

1875


Source: Free Library of Philadelphia
, G.H. Jones & Company Atlas of Phildelphia, Volume 3.

 

1897

Source: Free Library of Philadelphia, Earnest Hexamer & Son, Insurance Maps of the City of Philadelphia.

 

1915

Source: Free Library of Philadelphia, Earnest Hexamer & Son, Insurance Maps of the City of Philadelphia.

 

1939

Source: Philadelphia City Archives , Franklin Survey Company, Business Property Atlas.

 

Contents

Home