West Side of 12th Street above Chestnut

June 21, 1889

An addendum to the 1831 fire insurance policy reveals that a two-story addition had been made to the rear of the building sometime prior to 1889. The Hexamer map of 1860 seems to show this addition. What was originally the ground floor of the home has been converted into a store. The address now given is No. 30 South Twelfth Street, reflecting the new address system of the 1850s.