Northeast Corner of 15th Street and Chestnut

 

1861

The building shown was most likely built while the property was under the ownership of Samuel Jones in 1825. It is clear from the structure of the building that it was added to over time and it is known that John Kline constructed two small brick structures at the rear of the lot in the late 1820's. The property was owned by Mary Greeves at the time of the painting and may have contained an eating stand.