203 West Chestnut Hill Avenue

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(photo courtesy of Chestnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection: 1970.57)

 

DATE: 1877-1878
ORIGINAL OWNER: Fredrick A. Isphoring
ARCHITECT: Unknown
CONTRACTOR: Unknown

This French styled dwelling began life as a substantially more elaborate Victorian building , however, alterations in
1901, 1905 (shown here with its porches still intact) and 1912 by architects Stewardson & Sims, in 1912 by
Willing &Sims, and 1934 have greatly changed its appearance. Note the stone curbing along West Chestnut
Hill Avenue.