DATE: ca. 1750 and 1801
ORIGINAL OWNER: Ulrich Sheetz
ARCHITECT: : Unknown
CONTRACTOR: : Unknown
Known as the “Rex House.” The rear portion of this early Farm house is reputed to have been
constructed in the mid-18th century when Chestnut Hill was little more than a rural outpost to
Philadelphia and Germantown. The Federal-style front portion of the dwelling was built in 1801.
Note: the trolley tracks running down the middle of Germantown Avenue