8891 Germantown Avenue.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(photo courtesy of Chestnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection: 1970.48)


DATE: 1849- 50's
ORIGINAL OWNER: Charles Taylor
ARCHITECT: Unknown
CONTRACTOR: Unknown

Since 1972, the Norwood Academy. According to Macfarlane, page 126, "In 1849, Charles Taylor purchased
a few acres above the Schlatter house and built a stone house which he called "Norwood." For a long time it was
the summer residence of Miss Harriet S. Benson, who enlarged it very much."