500 West Moreland Avenue

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(photo courtesy of Chestnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection: 1970.119)


DATE: 1899-1900
ORIGINAL OWNER: Walter L. Ross
ARCHITECT: Peabody & Sterns
CONTRACTOR: William Patterson

This impressive Tudor-style dwelling was designed by Peabody & Stearns, one of New England’s most prominent
architectural firms at the turn of the century. Peabody & Stearns had very few commissions in Philadelphia, and
only one other in Chestnut Hill, “Krisheim” on McCallum Street, the home of Dr. George Woodward.