8410 St. Martin 's Lane

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
(photo courtesy of Chestnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection: 1970.115)

 

DATE: 1903-1904
ORIGINAL OWNER: Frederick W. Taylor
ARCHITECT: Unknown
CONTRACTOR: Unknown

"Boxley" Residence of Frederick W. Taylor (died 1915). This property was
purchased in 1901 while the Taylors lived at "Red Gate" on School House Lane
(later the home of Clarence Warden). In the garden there is (or was) an enormous wisteria
vine from "Cedron" in Germantown, the home of Mr. Taylor's sister, Mrs. Clarence M. Clark.
Robert Bender was the head gardener. Half of the dwelling has been demolished.