ORIGINAL OWNER: Unknown
This stuccoed stone Colonial Revival dwelling was greatly influenced by the nation's
adoration for George Washington in the late 19th century. The two-story portico
with Chinese fret-work railing (on left side of the house), roof dormers, cupola
and end porches were "borrowed" from Washington's Virginia home, Mt. Vernon.
Architect Edmund Gilchrist radically altered the house in 1922, converting it into the
Mediterranean-style home known today.