DATE: Probably built pre-1886
ORIGINAL OWNER: Unknown
"Lynnewood Cottage" was built by Edwin M. Benson, Sr. for his son Edwin, Jr., below his large house
"Lynnewood Hall". A two-story addition was added to the north side in 1913 by the architecture firm
of Mellor and Meigs. The house was demolished in the 1930s after a new house was built adjacent.
The foundation wall of the cottage still exists in the garden of the present house. The property
has been in the Benson/Nalle family throughout the 20th century. Mrs. Horace (Ethel Benson) Nalle
had the property for sale in 1997. Two sets of stone entrance posts for both the mansion and the
"cottage" are still visible along the Bethlehem Pike.
Note: See Archives Collection, Small under "Lynnewood Cottage" for an oral history transcript
of the building.