The Coccia Foundation, which was started in 1994 as the Joseph and Elda Charitable Foundation, has provided a wide range of philanthropic aid to
an ever-expanding list of worthy recipients. A short list of those they have supported include
- State colleges in New Jersey, New York, California, South Carolina and Community colleges in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
- The establishment of Student Italian Clubs in many Colleges and Universities and Networking of same.
- Initiated an Italian Books Study Collection – Distribution to local libraries
- Scholarships, Grants, in support of Italian Study Abroad Programs as well as awards for annual achievements.
- Italian Studies Chairs in New Jersey, New York and California.
- Cultural programs through a number of schools, educational foundations, Italian and non-Italian organizations.
- The SITE Program in Lombardy
The SITE Program ( Study, Intercultural Training and Experience) is a paid internship program for English Teaching Assistants in the schools of the Region of Lombardy, Italy. It is an excellent opportunity for students or new graduates who wish to get a better understanding of the Italian language and culture while assisting the Italian teachers in their work. The program, established in 2005, promotes linguistic and intercultural exchange within Europe and across the globe. The program is open to B.A. students who are currently completing or have recently completed ( within the last 18 months) college level Italian language and culture.
For further information, please visit the website:
- Post graduate Master in Italian Studies in Italy. Scholarships available.
- NOIAW --The National Organization of Italian American Women
25 W 43 St. - Suite 1005
New York, NY 10036
(212) 642-2003 (Tel.)
(212) 642-2006 (Fax)
It is an important mission of the National Organization of Italian American Women to help with the educational advancement of Italian American Women. Since its inception in 1980, NOIAW has proudly awarded more than 140 scholarships to deserving Italian American students.
Please click here for the application and for additional information on their Scholarship program.
For information about the SASL Summer programs:
- EDUITALIA Scholarships- Eduitalia, an Association of qualiﬁed Schools and Universities that offers courses for foreign students in Italy, through the Associated Institutes mentioned below, is pleased to support the important initiative of the Embassy of Italy in Washington for the promotion of Italian language in the United States, particularly at the AP level. The 28 scholarships granted by Eduitalia will enable the recipients to enjoy Italy through an unforgettable learning experience. Detailed information about the numerous study options offered in Italy is available on Eduitalia’s web site (www.eduitalia.org). You can download the online version of the guide “Eduitalia-Study in Italy”, or explore the course of studies which interest you through the search engine which, thanks to its subdivision by cities and/or courses of studies, enables you to identify the course you need.
ALL THE STUDENTS who will take an AP- Italian exam are eligible. Winners of the following scholarships will be randomly selected by a raffle organized by the Educational Office of the Embassy of Italy in Washington:
1) n.14 all-expenses-paid scholarships (that means free course, lodging, teaching equipment and extracurricular activities), divided as follows:
a) –n. 1 scholarship for 5 weeks
b) –n. 6 scholarships for 4 weeks
c) – n. 7 scholarships for 3 weeks
2) –n. 14 scholarships with partial coverage of expenses for variable periods (of up to 4 weeks).
THE SCHOLARSHIPS are granted by:
- A Door to Italy- Scuola di Italiano di Genova www.adoortoitaly.com
- Babilonia - Centro Studi Italiani di Taormina www.babilonia.it
- Cultura Italiana di Arezzo www.culturaitalianaarezzo.it
- Cultura Italiana di Bologna www.culturaitaliana.it
- Ellci di Milano www.ellci.it
- ll Sasso - Scuola di Italiano di Montepulciano www.ilsasso.com
- Istituto Linguistico Mediterraneo di Pisa www.ilm.it
- Istituto Lorenzo de’ Medici- Firenze www.lorenzodemedici.org
- Sant' Anna Institute - Sorrento Lingue www.sorrentolingue.com
- Scuola di Italiano Dante Alighieri - Camerino www.scuoladantealighieri.org
- The American University of Rome www.aur.edu
Other Opportunities to live in Italy: