Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections
Guide to the Letters and Documents Collection
Part II: Box and Folder List, R
Special Collections Department, Bryn Mawr College Library
Copyright 2000 by Special Collections Department, Bryn Mawr College Library
May 16, 2003
C, D, E,
F, G, H,
I, J, K,
L, M, N,
O, P, Q,
R, S, T,
U, V, W,
X, Y, Z
- Rackham, Arthur, 1867-1939
- ALS, 1916 May 19, to Mr. Ellis
- Adelman Fund, 1990
ALS, 1934 June 7, to George Sutcliffe
- Original drawing for the Compleat Angler
- Adelman Fund, 1989
- Ramsay, Alice Wardlaw
- ALS, 1924 Jan. 6, to "Dear Sir"
- Removed from Eastern Persia: an Account of the Journeys of the Persian
Boundary Commission, 1870-71-72.
- Ranney, Helen
- 4 ALsS, 1940-41, to Donald Brien
- Gift of Friends of the Library, 1975-76
- Raven-Hill, L. (Leonard), 1867-1942
- ALS, 1894 June 5, to Thorpe
- Raymond, Annie L.
- ALS, [189-] July 24, to Mr. Heinrick
- From the Estate of Margaret Gregson '28
- Read, Conyers, 1881-1959
- 2 ALsS, 1917 Nov. 19, 1919 Dec. 16 to Miss Farr
- TLS, 1938 Dec. 1, to Mary Terrien
- Reagan, Ronald, 1911- , President of the United States 1981-1989
- Printed commemorative invitation to 1981 inauguration: n.d.
- Gift of Eleanor Bliss
- Redlich, Josef, 1869-1936
- ALS, 1930 Jan. 29, to [Pauline?] Goldmark
- Régnier, Henri de, 1864-1936
- ALS, n.d., to "Cher Monsieur"
- Mounted in Les Médailles d'Argile: Poèms, by H. de
- ALS, n.d., to "Mon cher ami"
- Mounted in La Cité des Eaux, by H. de Régnier
- Repplier, Agnes, 1855-1950, Folder #1
- ALS, 1878 June 14, to Charles Warren Stoddard
- ALS, 1906 Oct. 28, to Maud Skinner
- 6 ALsS, 1896, to Sylvia Scudder
- Removed from the scrapbook of Syvia Scudder Bowditch '33
- Repplier, Agnes, 1855-1950, Folder #2
- Correspondence, 1899, with Edwin G. Dreer
- Gift of Friends of the Library, 1978
- Rhoads, James E. (James Evans), 1828-1895
- ALS, 1893 Aug. 18, to Mrs. Kirkbride
- Gift of Elizabeth B. Kirkbride '96, 1969
- Rich, Adrienne
- TLS, 1975 Jan. 28, to Michelle Osborn
- Received from Public Information Office
- Richards, Grant, 1872-1948
- 1 ALS, 3 TLS, 1927-1929, to Dennis Wheatly
- Library Purchase
- Richards, I. A. (Ivor Armstrong), 1893-
- 2 ALS, 1976 Sept. 22 and 23, to Robert Burlin
- Gift of Robert Burlin, 20 May 1966
- ALS, 1936 Apr. 6, to Samuel Chew
- Gift of Samuel Claggett Chew
- Richardson, Dorothy Miller, 1873-1957
- ANS, [c. 1934], to H. G. [Wells]
- Removed from Jews in Germany, by J. Kastein, trans. by D. Richardson.
- Richmond, Bernice, 1899-
- 2 ANsS, ALS, 2 TLsS, 2APcS,1945-1947, to Evelyn Conners
- Riesman, David, 1909-
- TLS, 1959 Apr. 29, to Mrs. Epes
- Riley, James Whitcomb, 1849-1916
- ALS, 1888 Sept. 23, to Johnson, an editor
- "I want to do some great universal good. My hats in fact, don't
fit my ideas, I think, so well as my head...But you've encouraged me.....
- Rinehart, Mary Roberts, 1876-1958
- ANS, 1926 Apr. 19, to Mary Litchfield
- Library Purchase, 1994
- Ritchie, Anne Thackery, 1837-1919
- ALS, n.y. June 6, to Mrs. Butler
- Gift of Laurence Stapleton
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-
- TLS, 1968 July 11, to Baldwin Maull
- Tipped into Unity, Freedom and Peace, by N. Rockefeller
- Rodgers, John
- ALS, 1834 Nov. 21, to James Barron
- Notifies commandant of Philadelphia Navy Yard to send requistions
for "ship chandlery, ironmongry and paints and oils" for the year 1835
- Gift of Seymour Adelman
- Rogers, Bruce, 1870-1957
- ALS, 1900 Nov. 22, to Mr. Way
- Rogers, Samuel, 1763-1855
- 2 ALsS, 1838 Dec. 26, n.d., to Mr. Spring Rice
- ALS, n.d., to Lord Mounteagle
- Gift of Mary K. Woodworth '24, 1979
- Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt, 1884-1962
- Corr., 1959, to Isota Epes
- Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt, 1884-1962
- TLS, 1928 Sept. 24, to Caroline Slade
- TLS to Mr. Schweitzer 1956 Nov.13
- Approves of Israel's action in self-defense, and strongly criticizes U.S.
- 2 TLsS, 1946 Jan. 19 and 1950 Aug. 1, to Angeline Lograsso
- with envelope including her widow's frank: "Anna Eleanor Roosevelt"
- Comments on colonialism, the sequence in which Communicsm succeeds Fascism,
and the similarity in American and Russian political conduct in pursuit of
delaying war long enough for preparations to be made.
- From the papers of Angeline Lograsso, Oct. 1995
TNS, 1945 Aug. 17, to Katherine Woods
- TNS, 1953 May 9, to Mrs. Horace L. Freiss
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945, President of the United
- TLS, 1933 Apr. 19, to Charles J. Rhoads
- Accepting Rhoads' resignation as Commissioner of Indian Affairs.
- Roosevelt, Sara Delano, 1854-1941
- ALS, n.y., to Eleanor [Roosevelt]
- A letter of sympathy on the death of Eleanor's mother.
- Gift of the Fairfield County Book Sale
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919, President of the United States, 1901-1909
- TLS, 1898 Feb. 11, to J. M. Goodell
Written when Roosevelt was Assistant Secretary of the Navy, in response to
an editorial written by Goodell for the Engineering Record.
Gift of the Bryn Mawr Club of Southern California.
TLS, 1899 April 22. 11, to Rev. Thomas Slicer
Urging Slicer to attend a meeting to dicuss labor matters.
TLS, 1904 April 12, to N. P. Gilman. With envelope.
TLS, 1906 Aug. 4, to L.S. Rowe
TNS, 1926 May 13, to Miss Litchfield
- Rose, Thompson.
- Fragment of a letter from Rose, a Union Army soldier, with letters
from two other, unidentified soldiers to their wives, describing health and
the movement of troops.
- Gift of Alison Murphy Conner
- Rossetti, Christina Georgina, 1830-1894
- ANS, 1861 or 62, to Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Removed from the Castle copy of The Germ
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel, 1828-1882
- ALS, n.d, to [Ford Madox?] Brown
- Removed from Castle copy of The Germ.
- Rossetti, William Michael, 1829-1919
- ALS, 30 March 1886, to William Edwards Davenport
- C. Barnes, 1996
- Rothenstein, John, Sir, 1901-
- ANS, 1965 Feb. 5, to David Paramor
- Gift of Friends of the Library, 1985
- Rothenstein, William, Sir, 1872-1945
- 8 APcsS, 2 ALS, 1931, to Phillip Guedalla
- Concernng Guedalla's sitting for a portrait
- Adelman Fund
- Rowe, L. S. (Leo Stanton), 1871-1946
- TLS, 1910 Oct. 17, to Fannie Teller
- Rowse, A. L. (Alfred Leslie), 1903-
- 6 ALsS, 1955-1958, to Boies Penrose
- Removed from The Devil Drives, by Fawn Brodie
- Royce, Josiah, 1855-1916
- ALS, 1894 Oct. 1, to Mr. Gilman
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900
- ANS, n.d. to "Booth"
- Gift of Sophie Sturm Brown '26
- Russell, Alys Whitall Pearsall Smith
- ALS, 1911 June 6, to Margaret Shearman
- ANS to Bryn Mawr College Alumni Office, 1947 to her class
- A biographical note relating her life in London; mentions the Roosevelts,
BMC, the Marshall Plan, and her friend Walt Whitman.
- Gift of Mary K. Woodworth
- Russell, Bertrand, 1872-1970
- ALS, 1936 Apr. 18, to Lucy Donnelly
- ALS, 1943 Oct. 2, to Katherine McBride
- ALS, 1952 Dec. 2, to Marion Park
- TLS, 1959 Apr. 24, to Isota Epes
- From Papers of L. Donnelly, McBride, Park and Alumnae Asso.
- Russell, George William, 1867-1935
- ALS, 1927 Dec. 13, TLS,1928 Feb. 6, to Marion Park
- From the Papers of Marion Edwards Park
- Rutherston, Albert Daniel, 1881-1953
- ALS, 1916 Oct. 8, to "Austin"
- Regretfully declines --"at least till after the war" -- a request
to do drawings for Austin poems, announcing that he is to become an infantry
- Adelman Fund, 1991
- Rutter, Owen, 1889-1944
- TLS, 1944 May 21, to Logan Fox
- Ryan, Marah Ellis, 1866-1934
- AMsS,"Francesca and Paolo"
- Removed from The Flute of the Gods, by M. Ryan
- Rye, William Brenchley, 1818-1901
- ALS, 1864 Dec. 20, to J. Russell Smith
May 16, 2003
, Special Collections at SpecColl@brynmawr.edu