Changing Pedagogies in Math and Science Education
Lecture Series, Wednesdays 7-8:30pm,
Rm. 338 in Park Sciences Building, Bryn Mawr College
Title: Education as Applied Neurobiology: Student and Teacher as Story Listener/Teller
2. Wednesday, September 7, 2005. Professor Feden and Professor Pomeroy.
Title: Modalities, personality types, learning styles; Myers-Briggs test.
3. Wednesday, September 14, 2005. Professor Neal Williams, Biology, Bryn Mawr and Professor Alex Norquist, Chemistry, Haverford.
Title: Misconceptions and Key Concepts
4. Wednesday, September 21, 2005. Professor Donnay and Professor Suzanne Amador, Physics, Haverford.
Title: Examination of research studying the effectiveness of new pedagogical methods.
5. Wednesday, September 28, 2005. Professor Pomeroy and Professor Donnay.
Title: History of math/science reform initiatives over past 50 years, NCLB act.
6. Wednesday, October 5, 2005. Professor Pomeroy and Mr. Joe Merlino, Principal Investigtor, MSPGP.
Title: Science Literacy, Math Literacy.
Title: Secondary Math and Science Reform
Title: Elementary Math and Science Reform
Title: Collegiate Math and Science Reform
Title: International Models of Mathematics Education
Title: Math and Science Reform in K-12: Superintendentsí Perspectives
Title: Diversity in Math and Science: How to help all students succeed
Title: Teachersí Perspective on Math and Science Reform