Please complete the Application Form and attach your Application Essay and Resume to this form.
First, please print out the a blank copy of the Application Form and review all the questions. Collect all the information you will need BEFORE you go online to complete the form. Once you go online, you will need to fill out all of the fields and attach your Application Essay and Resume to this form.
If you leave the Application Form without completing all the fields and attachments, you will not be able to Save and re-enter this form. Instead, you will need to start an completely new form.
Applications are due on March 29, 2013
The essay should be double-spaced and no more than three (3) pages. Please write the essay in Microsoft WORD and attach it as either a DOC or a DOCX document. DO NOT USE PDF FORMAT. Thank you!
Applicants must write an essay that addresses the questions below:
- Describe your goals in becoming a NELI Fellow in the Executive Leadership Certificate Program. What do you hope to gain from the program? Why is it important for you to attend at this time?
- Describe a leadership opportunity that have pursued, either within your organization or in your community life. What did you gain from the experience? What did you learn that you can apply to other leadership opportunities?
- Discuss one leadership challenge that you personally are currently experiencing in your organization. How are you currently meeting this challenge?
- Discuss a particular dimension of your leadership style that works well within your organization. Then discuss a dimension of your leadership style that needs to improve and your ideas about how to change it.
- What do you see as the next steps within your career path over the next year or two?
Applicants are required to submit their resume or curriculum vitae with their application. You can upload this document in the online application form. Please submit your resume as Microsoft WORD document and attach it as either a DOC or a DOCX document. Do not use PDF format. Thank you!
Organizational documents can be uploaded into the application form. However, if you are unable to do so you can submit these two organizational documents by mail:
- A copy of your organization's tax-exempt 501 (c)(3) letter
- Your organization's most recent audited financial statement
If you are unable to submit these two documents in the application, Please mail them to:
NELI/Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work
300 Airdale Road
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010-1646
Applicants are required to have one nomination form with nomination letter from their direct supervisor. Applicants may choose to have two nominators, if so, please click here for a second nomination form.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify their nominator(s) of the Nomination requirements and forward the following link or direct them to fill out the Nominator Form on the NELI website at https://brynmawr.wufoo.com/forms/nonprofit-executive-leadership-nomination-form/. Please have Nominator complete the online form and attach their nomination letter addressing the following questions:
- How long have you known the candidate and in what capacity?
- What are your reasons for nominating this candidate as a NELI Fellow?
- What is your understanding of the candidate’s goals for the NELI program?
- What role do you see yourself and other organizational leaders playing to support the NELI candidate to reach these goals?
March 29, 2013
- Please review application or print out a blank application form to prepare all the materials you need. Please see the detailed directions noted in the middle of this page.
- Complete the Application Form online
- Attach Application Essay to Application Form
- Attach Resume to Application Form
- Submit Application Form online
- Ask Nominator to complete Nominator's Form online
- Remind Nominator to attach their Letter of Nomination (in WORD format only) to the Nominator's Form and submit online
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form
- Remember to attach your Scholarship Essay to the Scholarship Application Form