In the vast expanses of the Internet, sometimes, the gems of philosophy can be lost or misplaced. For your viewing pleasure: online resources.
Some of these resources are available only at Bryn Mawr or through off-campus access.
- Philosophy Databases, a list of online databases available from Bryn Mawr’s library, through Tripod.
- JSTOR, a compilation of digital archives in many fields
- Philosopher's Index, a searchable index of articles and books in philosophy
- MindPapers, a bibliography covering around 18,000 papers in the philosophy of mind and the science of consciousness, compiled by David Chalmers.
Philosophy Databases at Bryn Mawr
Writing Centers and Resources
- Bryn Mawr Writing Center, including contact information for individual appointments, writing guides, and ESL resources
- Princeton Writing Center, with many comprehensive resources on academic writing, academic integrity, ESL resources, as well as recommended guides
- Undergraduate Philosophical Writing, manual developed by Martin Young of UC Irvine
- Writing Philosophy Papers, by Jim Pryor of NYU
- The Elements of Style, by William Strunk, Jr. A classic guide to writing.
Online Paper Archives
General Philosophy Resources
Specific Online Journals
Access is available at Bryn Mawr, or through off-campus access. Certain philosophical journals are available only in print.
Philosophy of Mind
Philosophy and the Media
Just for Fun
Philosophy Beyond Bryn Mawr
Philosophy Guides and Surveys
Professional Philosophy Links