All International Guests
1. As soon as possible (ideally 90 days prior to the guest’s visit) the inviting faculty member completes the International Guest Form and emails the completed form to Patti Lausch, Sabree Barnes, and the Department Academic Administrative Assistant (AAA).
2. Upon receipt of the completed form, Patti advises the faculty member and Sabree regarding any immigration-related issues or concerns for the visitor. (This step can be completed via email ‘reply to all’.) The inviting faculty member communicates any immigration-related issues or concerns to the guest and continues to work with Patti and the guest until these issues are resolved.
3. Once any immigration-related issues or concerns are addressed, Sabree emails the guest a formal letter of invitation (cc’ing Patti, the faculty member, and the department AAA) that describes the details of the visit and explains Bryn Mawr’s GLACIER requirement for international guests receiving an honorarium.
4. The guest signs and returns the invitation letter to Sabree.
International Guests Receiving an Honorarium
5. Upon receipt of the signed letter of invitation from the guest, Sabree creates a GLACIER record for the guest. Sabree also creates a Bionic record for the guest and emails the guest’s ID number to the department AAA.
6. Upon receipt of the email notification that their GLACIER account has been created, the guest completes the GLACIER record. Upon completion of the GLACIER record (either prior to or upon arrival at Bryn Mawr), the guest provides the GLACIER report and all required supporting documents listed on the Glacier report to the AAA.
7. Upon receipt of the GLACIER report and supporting documents from the guest, the Academic Administrative Assistant reviews the GLACIER documents for completeness then sends the GLACIER documents and request for payment to Patti Lausch.
8. Patti reviews the GLACIER report and immigration documents, and if the required documents are in order, sends the request for payment to the Controller’s Office. If any required documents are missing or not in order, Patti contacts the AAA.
A printable version of this procedure can be downloaded here.
September 16, 2015, 4:00 pm
October 21, 2015, 4:00 pm
November 18, 2015, 4:00 pm
December 9, 2015, 4:00 pm
January 20, 2016, 4:00 pm
February 17, 2016, 4:00 pm
March 16, 2016, 4:00 pm
April 20, 2016, 4:00 pm
May 13, 2016, 9:00 am