Research Professorships

Emeriti faculty members are eligible for the title of Research Professor.  

It is expected that any emeritus faculty member who keeps for any amount of time a library carrel, office, and/or research laboratory in a campus building will maintain a current Research Professor status.  Space in a campus building is not guaranteed to either Emeritus faculty and/or Emeritus faculty with Research Professor status.

To request or renew the title of Research Professor, faculty should write to the Provost every two years, appending a research plan that details the activities of the previous two years and outlines the scholarly plans for coming two years.

Upon receipt of such a research plan, the Provost, in consultation with the President, will confirm in writing the use of the title for a specified period. A retired professor is eligible for an indefinite number of renewals of the Research Professor title.

Emeritus faculty with Research Professorships may access the services of the Office of Sponsored Programs, the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations, and may apply for grants under the auspices of the College.