International Faculty Members

The Provost's Office works closely with the Office of International Programs on the hiring and reappointment of international faculty, who are in permanent and temporary positions. Staff work together to determine the proper visa for the faculty position.

Faculty should consult the Office of International Programs web page for information about immigrant and non-immigrant visas and employment authorization.

This page is intended to provide international scholars who will join as either as permanent or temporary faculty members with useful information.

Visas and Employment Authorization

The Provost's Office works closely with the Office of International Programs (OIP) to help secure the appropriate and necessary visa for a faculty member's employment at the College.

Teaching and Pedagogy

Teaching can be challenging, particularly when you add "classroom culture," "popular culture" of the U.S., and teaching in a foreign language (English) to the mix of requirements.

Sponsored Research

It may be hard for international faculty, who are not permanent residents, to obtain funding from U.S. sources. The College has compile a starter reference document to help you start your search for research and leave funding.

Moving to the U.S. to join the
Bryn Mawr community

Adapting to life in a new place can be challenging, especially when adapting to new cultures, customs, and traditions.


Taxes and Financial Matters

The College uses Glacier, a web-based, tax-compliance software. Glacier permits the College to honor tax treaties.

Glacier is required for any international affiliate who will receive payments or reimbursements from the College.