Registering for Penn Classes
GSAS students ~ Fall 2014
Please see the steps outlined below for Penn registration instructions and rules.
First, you must register for the placeholder PENN 999 course in BIONIC to show your intent.
Second, submit a completed Graduate Student Quaker Consortium Registration Form after you receive approval from your advisor for the specific course you're interested in.
- View the Penn School of Arts & Sciences graduate departmental pages for course offerings.
- Bryn Mawr students do not have priority in Penn classes in accordance with the Quaker Consortium Agreement. A seat in a Penn class is never guaranteed and students should have a back up Bryn Mawr course in mind when planning their schedules.
- Students cannot audit courses.
- Classes at Penn begin on Wednesday, August 27th.
Third, obtain permission from the Penn instructor to take the class. Forward this email to the Megan Kenny (email@example.com) in the Registrar's Office. Your course request data cannot be sent to Penn unless the we have a copy of this email.
Fourth, set-up your information in the Penn system after receiving a registration confirmation email.
- Obtain a PennCard and PennKey Setup Code at the PennCard Center.
- Use the PennKey Setup Code to register a PennKey and password at www.upenn.edu/computing/pennkey.
- Use your PennKey to verify registration and view classroom location by
logging on to Penn InTouch.
- Be sure to update your email address at http://www.upenn.edu/directories/.
This step is required for instructors to contact students.
Fifth, go to class!
Contact Megan Kenny (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Registrar's Office!