Registering for Penn Classes
GSAS students ~ Fall 2013
Students may request Penn courses for Fall 2013. Please see the steps outlined below for registration instructions and rules.
First, you must register for the placeholder PENN B999 course in Virtual Bryn Mawr to show your intent.
Second, submit a completed Graduate Student Quaker Consortium Registration Form after you receive approval from your advisor for the specific course you're interested in.
- View the Penn Course Timetable here.
- Bryn Mawr students do not have priority in Penn classes in accordance with the Quaker Consortium Agreement. A seat in a Penn class is never guaranteed and students should have a back up Bryn Mawr course in mind when planning their schedules.
- Students cannot audit courses.
- Penn will begin processing registration requests starting August 1st. Students will start to receive emails about your course request status starting August 15th.
- Classes at Penn begin on Wednesday, August 28.
- The last day to add a Penn course is Friday, September 13.
- The last day to drop a Penn course is Friday, September 13.
Third, obtain permission from the Penn instructor to take the class. Forward this email to the Megan Kenny (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Registrar's Office. Your course request data cannot be sent to Penn unless the we have a copy of this email.
Fourth, set-up your information in the Penn system after receiving a registration confirmation email.
- Obtain a PennCard and PennKey Setup Code at the PennCard Center
(in the Franklin Building at 3451 Walnut Street).
- Use the PennKey Setup Code to register a PennKey and password at www.upenn.edu/computing/pennkey.
- Use your PennKey to verify registration and view classroom location by
logging on to Penn InTouch.
- Be sure to update your email address at http://www.upenn.edu/directories/.
This step is required for instructors to contact students.
Fifth, go to class!
Contact Megan Kenny (email@example.com) in the Registrar's Office!