GSWR students ~ Spring 2015
Please see the steps outlined below for Penn registration instructions and rules.
First, you must register for the placeholder PENN B999 course in BIONIC to show your intent.
- Add course number 2522 to your schedule.
Second, submit a completed Graduate Student Quaker Consortium Registration Form.
Courses taken at Penn must be related to graduate social work education and be approved by your advisor.
- The number of courses that may be taken at Penn is limited to one per semester.
- Courses at the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Arts and Sciences are available to Bryn Mawr graduate students only during the academic year. Summer courses at Penn and courses offered at Penn’s School of Social Work are not part of the Reciprocal Plan.
- View the Penn School of Arts & Sciences graduate departmental pages for course offerings.
- Bryn Mawr students do not have priority in Penn classes in accordance with the Quaker Consortium Agreement. A seat in a Penn class is never guaranteed and students should have a back up course in mind when planning their schedules.
- Students cannot audit courses.
- Classes at Penn begin on Wednesday, January 14 (but will follow a Monday schedule that day).
Third, obtain permission from the Penn instructor to take the class. Forward the email to the following three people:
-Dean Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
-Tara Stasik (email@example.com)
-Megan Kenny (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your course request data cannot be sent to Penn unless the we have a copy of this email.
Fourth, set-up your information in the Penn system after receiving a registration confirmation email.
- Obtain a PennCard and PennKey Setup Code at the PennCard Center.
- Use the PennKey Setup Code to register a PennKey and password at www.upenn.edu/computing/pennkey.
- Use your PennKey to verify registration and view classroom location by
logging on to Penn InTouch.
- Be sure to update your email address at http://www.upenn.edu/directories/.
This step is required for instructors to contact students.
Fifth, go to class!
Contact Megan Kenny (email@example.com) in the Registrar's Office!