Registering for Penn Classes
GSSWSR students ~ Fall 2013
Students may request Penn courses for Fall 2013. Please see the steps outlined below for registration instructions and rules.
First, you must register for the placeholder PENN B999 course in Virtual Bryn Mawr to show your intent.
- Add course number 1618 to your schedule.
Second, submit a completed Graduate Student Quaker Consortium Registration Form.
Courses taken at Penn must be related to graduate social work education and be approved by your advisor.
- The number of courses that may be taken at Penn is limited to one per semester.
- Courses at the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Arts and Sciences are available to Bryn Mawr graduate students only during the academic year. Summer courses at Penn and courses offered at Penn’s School of Social Work are not part of the Reciprocal Plan.
- The last day to drop a Penn course is Friday, September 13.
Third, obtain permission from the Penn instructor to take the class. Forward the email to the following three people:
Dean Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Diane Craw (email@example.com)
Megan Kenny (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your course request data cannot be sent to Penn unless the we have a copy of this email.
Fourth, set-up your information in the Penn system after receiving a registration confirmation email.
- Obtain a PennCard and PennKey Setup Code at the PennCard Center
(in the Franklin Building at 3451 Walnut Street).
- Use the PennKey Setup Code to register a PennKey and password at www.upenn.edu/computing/pennkey.
- Use your PennKey to verify registration and view classroom location by
logging on to Penn InTouch.
- Be sure to update your email address at http://www.upenn.edu/directories/.
This step is required for instructors to contact students.
Fifth, go to class!
Contact Megan Kenny (email@example.com) in the Registrar's Office!