Registering for Penn Classes
Undergraduates ~ Spring 2014
Students may request Penn courses for Spring 2014 during
Pre-Registration in November and again at the start of the spring term.
Please see the four steps outlined below for registration instructions
Note: Students need to follow all the procedures defined in the University of Pennsylvania's Quaker Consortium Student Guide.
First, you must register for the placeholder PENN 999 course in BIONIC to show your intent. Your course request data will not be sent to Penn unless a placeholder course is visible in your schedule.
Second, submit a completed Quaker Consortium Registration Form for approval. This is in lieu of the paper form mentioned in the Student Guide above.
- View the LPS Course Guide here or view the Language Center offerings or view College of Arts & Sciences departmental pages for their course offerings.
- View the Penn LPS Spring 2015 Academic Calendar here.
- Students cannot audit courses.
- In accordance with the Quaker Consortium Agreement, Bryn Mawr students are allowed to enroll in only undergraduate courses offered by the College of Liberal and Professional Studies, the Language Center, or the College of Arts and Sciences. Other courses may be considered based on Bryn Mawr policy.
- Bryn Mawr students do not have priority in Penn classes. A seat in a Penn class is never guaranteed and students should have a back up Tri-Co course in mind when planning their schedules.
- Penn will begin processing registration requests starting December 2nd. Students will start to receive emails about your course request status starting December 18th.
- Seniors - your course grades are due Monday, May 12th at noon. Please make special arrangements with your professor to have your grade submitted to Bryn Mawr by this deadline so you can graduate on time.
- Classes at Penn begin on Wednesday, January 15 (but will follow a Monday schedule that day).
- Note: Any student who needs to return to campus in January before dorms open in order to take a class at Penn must complete a Residential Life Winter Break Housing form by November 20th.
- The last day to add a Penn class is Monday, February 3. (For language courses, the last day to add is Friday, January 24.)
- The last day to drop a Penn course is Monday, February 3.
- Penn Travel Reimbursement Information
Third, set-up your information in the Penn system after receiving a registration confirmation email from Penn.
- Obtain a PennCard and PennKey Setup Code at the PennCard Center.
- Use the PennKey Setup Code to register a PennKey and password at www.upenn.edu/computing/pennkey.
- Use your PennKey to verify registration and view classroom location by
logging on to Penn InTouch.
- Be sure to update your email address at http://www.upenn.edu/directories/.
This step is required for instructors to contact students.
Fourth, go to class!
Contact Megan Kenny (email@example.com) in the Registrar's Office!