Quarter Classes, also called, Focus Courses, are half-semester quarter courses worth 0.5 units of credit. Many focus courses are at the introductory level. Focus courses allow students to gain greater flexibility in their schedule and they can explore more disciplines in a single semester.
1. Quarter-long classes can be used for distribution requirements. Two quarter-long classes that fulfill the same requirement (in the same or in different departments, taken in the same or in different semesters) can stand in for one semester-long class.
2. As much as
possible, students should preregister for both first and second quarter
classes at the same time as they preregister for other classes.
3. If necessary, lotteries will be held after preregistration, just as with other classes.
4. If space is available, students may add quarter long courses in the
first week of each quarter: i.e., the first week of the semester and the
eighth week of the semester.
5. Students may drop quarter long courses up through Wednesday of the second week of each quarter: i.e., the first week of the semester and the ninth week of the semester.
6. The credit-no credit deadline for quarter courses is Friday at 5pm of the third week of each quarter: i.e., the third week of the semester and the 10th week of semester.