Refer to Room Draw Calendar for specific dates & times
- All students (except non-resident McBrides) must submit a Room Draw Sign Up form during Housing Sign-ups to let the
College know your intentions for housing the following year. This
includes those students going abroad, those applying to Batten House,
students such as Hall Advisors who are assigned housing as part of their
employment, and students living off campus.
- Any student unable to sign up or to attend a draw should appoint a proxy to act on that student's behalf.
- A student's (or proxy's) failure to
sign up or to appear at the draws will result in the student's name
being placed at the bottom of the class priority list.
ALL STUDENTS WHO PLAN TO LIVE IN CAMPUS HOUSING NEXT FALL SHOULD CHOOSE "YES" IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY:
- They plan to draw a room in Hall Group Draw, Multiple Occupancy Draw, or regular Room Draw
- They plan to apply for Batten House, Enid Cook Center, or Tri-Co exchange
- They are an HA, Customsperson, CDA, Peer Mentor
- They are going JYA for the spring semester and plan to live on campus in the fall
- They have an accommodation through Access Services
STUDENTS GOING JYA FOR FALL SEMESTER ONLY, LIVING OFF CAMPUS, TAKING A LEAVE OF ABSENCE, TRANSFERRING OR WITHDRAWING SHOULD SUBMIT A ROOM DRAW SIGN UP FORM AND CHOOSE "NO"
- Students who will be JYA for only the fall semester and who will need housing in the spring, should fill out a housing preference form in the fall before the Thanksgiving break. Students who will be away for the full academic year should be sure to ask another student to act as her proxy for that year’s Room Draw.
- Students choosing to live off campus are responsible for finding their own housing and promptly notifying the Registrar of their address and phone number. Students may not choose to move off campus at any other time during the year. Full room and board fees will be charged to any student who has not signed up for off campus housing. If special circumstances warrant a change of plans, you must receive permission from the Dean of the College.
ROOM CANCELLATION FEE
A $100 Room Cancellation Fee will be imposed for any student who participates in Room Draw and subsequently does not occupy a room during the fall semester. This fee will increase to $500 if the Residential Life Office is not notified in writing of the room cancellation by June 15.
If your plans change and you will be attending the College, please contact Residential Life to be placed on the housing wait list over the summer.
HOUSING ACCOMMODATIONS AND CONSIDERATIONS
Students who believe they need modification of housing procedure due to limitations caused by a documented disability must contact Access Services in Guild. Click here for more information about accommodations.
Students are encouraged to request modifications in housing and to provide the required documentation at the beginning of Room Draw Sign Ups to allow sufficient time for consideration and planning. Otherwise, options may be limited