Friday, April 10, 2015
6 CEUs and/or 6 Act 48 credits (full day credit only)
Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church
625 Montgomery Ave.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
REGISTRATION FEE (includes continental breakfast and lunch)
$125 - Clinicians and Other Professionals
$65 - Clergy, PCADV and MCHCMC Program staff
$20 - Students and Laurel House service recipients
Deadline: Fee must be paid by March 27 to retain space; no refunds after March 27.
This full-day symposium is co-sponsored by The Middleton Center at Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church; Laurel House, a comprehensive domestic violence agency serving individuals, families and communities throughout Montgomery County, PA; and The Center for Professional Development at Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research.
8:30am - Registration/Networking/Welcome
9:15am - Keynote Address
10:30am-12:00pm - Morning Workshops
12:00pm - Lunch
12:45pm - Panel Discussion
2:00-3:30pm - Afternoon Workshops
Reverend Dr. Alyn E. Waller, Senior Pastor of Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church in Philadelphia. In 2007, under Dr. Waller's direction and leadership, the Domestic Violence Prevention Ministry of the church was formed. Since then, the ministry servants and leadership have worked to promote awareness inside the church and in the community, as well as providing support to survivors and their families.
MORNING WORKSHOPS (make 1st and 2nd choice when registering)
1)The Complicated Role of Clergy When Dealing with Domestic Violence (Rev. Alyn Waller)
2) Finding Your Way: The Labyrinth as a Tool for Healing (Joyce Krajian; Sarah Elliott)
3) Domestic Violence and Mindfulness Psychology (Leslie and Jeff Shralow)
4) Strangulation in the Context of Domestic Violence: How Can Healthcare Professionals Respond? (Detective Kiersten McDonald)
AFTERNOON WORKSHOPS (make 1st and 2nd choice when registering)
1) One Faith Community's Journey in Creating a Domestic Violence Ministry (Patrice Nelson; Jesse Stephenson)
2) Yoga for Trauma Recovery (Candace Stevens)
3) Domestic Violence and Trauma Basics (Minna Davis)
4) Domestic Violence 101: How Can Healthcare Professionals Respond? (Ashley Thompson)