Home and School Visitor Certificate

General Requirements
The Pennsylvania Department of Education requires that Bryn Mawr College collect and maintain supporting materials pertaining to all Home and School Visitor academic requirements completed by the student, either at Bryn Mawr or through transfer credit from another academic insitution. Recommendation to PDE for the Certificate will be made when all materials have been collected. It is the responsibility of the student to request supporting materials from other academic institutions, including official transcripts and syllabi, and to submit the materials to the attention of the Center for Professional Development.

A Non-matriculated Student Application  (from applicants other than current Bryn Mawr students) and a Declaration of Intent Form (from all students) are to  completed and submitted to the Center for Professional Development. The declaration form is be signed by the student and by Bryn Mawr’s HSV Certifying Officer.

Official Graduate Transcript to be mailed to the attention of the Bryn Mawr College GSSWSR, Center for Professional Development, 300 Airdale Rd., Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

Interview with Bryn Mawr's HSV Certifying Officer - Applicants arrange an in-person interview to meet with Elaine Robertson to discuss their preparation for, and interest in, school social work, as well as how they intend to use the knowledge gained through this course of study.

Active PA Social Work License - Testing requirements for HSV Certification are either an active social work license, or completion of the PAPA (Pre-service Academic Performance Assessment) basic skills tests. Other professional credentials, including professional counseling licenses, will not be accepted.

Clearances - Students are advised that, in order to work in a school setting in Pennsylvania, they must have the following clearances. Forms are available online.
PA Criminal History Request Form (SP4-164)
PA Child Abuse History Clearance (CY-113)
Federal Criminal Background Check