1. The officers shall be elected every other May for a two year term. Officers may succeed themselves once. and may be elected again after a one year interval.
2. The Executive Council shall consist of representatives elected from each category of employee working at the College. The categories and proportional representation shall be established in the bylaws. The officers shall also be members of the Executive Council.
3. Representatives to the Executive Council shall be elected by written ballot by the membership for a two year term. Representatives may succeed themselves once and may be elected again after a one-year interval.
4. The Executive Council shall have the power to call meetings, to appoint committees as specified in Article V. section 7 and Article VI, section 1. and to appoint representatives to College Committees. as specified in Article VI, section 6.
5. The officers shall preside over the meetings of the Association: dues shall be collected by an officer: minutes shall be taken by an officer or one of the Executive Council members who will account for dues and report at each Executive Council and general meeting.
6. One of the officers shall be an ex officio member of the committees except the Nominating Committee.
7. The Nominating Committee shall present a slate of candidates for the officers. members of the Executive Council and a representative to the Board of Trustees as well as 3 members for the subsequent year's Nominating Committee. The :\ominating Committee shall consist of 3 members plus a chairperson. The 3 members. one from each representational category. shall be elected by the membership. The Chairperson shall be non-voting except in cases of a tie vote and shall be appointed by the Executive Council.
8. The slate shall be presented at. or prior to a spring general meeting. and nominations accepted from the floor. The vote shall be by written ballot.
1. The Executive Council will send delegates to College committees as needed. Appointees may include one Executive Council member to each committee. Staff Association representatives to College committees shall attend Executive Council meetings to report on committee activities, and one member shall be designated to submit a report to the Staff Association.
2. The Executive Council shall appoint ad hoc committees as necessary.
3. All committees shall be broad based and shall represent various segments of the staff.
The Executive Council shall fill any vacancies. effective until the next election.
Dues to carryon the work of the Association shall be voted yearly by the Executive Council. presented for vote at a spring general meeting, and shall cover subsequent year (June 1 -May 31).
30% shall constitute a quorum at any general, Executive Councilor committee meeting.
The Constitution may be amended by a 2/3 majority of those voting. The vote shall be taken at a general meeting. Copies of the proposed amendment shall have been circulated to the membership at least 2 weeks before the vote. The bylaws may be similarly amended by a majority vote.
The rules contained in Robert's Rules of Order, latest edition, shall govern the Association.
General meetings shall be held at least once a semester or at the request of the Executive Council. the officers, or 10 members of the Association.
2. The Executive Council shall meet at least twice a semester or at the request of 10 members of the Association.
1. Staff Association notices shall be posted in major campus buildings on bulletin boards designated by the College for posting of position openings.
2. Notices of an agenda for general meetings shall be mailed to members at least one week in advance of the meeting. Special meetings may be called with 48 hours' written notice.
3. The minutes of all meetings of the Staff Association shall be posted on the designated bulletin boards within one week of committee approval of the minutes.
4. The Nominating Committee shall post its slate of proposed officers and representatives on the designated bulletin boards 2 weeks before the general meeting at which the slate is presented.
5. Employee categories are Administrative-Professional (AP), Service-Craft (SC). and Clerical-Technical (CT). There will be three representatives in their category.
6. Staff members may join the Staff Association at any time during the year. but dues will not be prorated.