Withdrawing Your Study Abroad Application
If you decide not to study abroad, you will need to take the following steps:
- Contact the Dean’s Office and complete the Study Abroad Withdrawal Form. It is important to coordinate your withdrawal in a timely manner to avoid administrative challenges with housing assignments and term billing.
- Contact your dean to change your enrollment status at the College and to confirm your plan for the upcoming semester.
- Contact Residential Life about housing arrangements. Please note that housing will not be processed until you have submitted the withdrawal forms to the Dean’s Office.
- Contact the overseas program immediately and withdraw your application. It is imperative to do this in a timely manner to avoid late withdrawal fees and penalties. Any late withdrawal fees imposed by the program are solely your responsibility, and you must resolve any problems that arise from them directly with the program.
- Note that refund policies vary from one study abroad program to the next. If you withdraw from a program after being accepted, you may incur penalties even if the program has not yet started. These penalties might include, but are not limited to, the application fee, confirmation deposit, and funds that have been committed for your participation, as well as non-refundable costs such as airfare and visa application fees. Such financial penalties are your sole responsibility and will not be absorbed by Bryn Mawr College.
- Once you withdraw your Bryn Mawr study abroad application, you will not be allowed to reapply.