The following are projects completed in partnership with the Communications office. These types of projects require special design and programming work; if your department is considering such a project, please review our suggested process for developing special web content.
- Implementation of Bryn Mawr College's website refresh. We worked with iFactory to test and implement the new site designs, making adjustments and corrections so that the transition would be as smooth as possible for our site's audience.
- Faculty CV Page Draws data from PeopleSoft to link to updated versions of faculty CVs.
- 125th Anniversary site We worked with iFactory to test and implement a special microsite developed for Bryn Mawr's 125th anniversary.
- Revised Online Giving Form We worked with the Resources office to design and program a form that was secure, easy to use, and attractive.
These are select examples of the types of projects our office routinely handles. We are usually working on a number of such projects at any given time. The process for undertaking typical projects is outlined on our services page.
- Conversion of a website to standard templates. For example, we have worked with the Staff Association to move them from an older, unique but difficult to maintain template to a standard template with simplified navigation. We have completed the menus and templates; they are in the process of migrating content.
- Ask the TECH Bar Form. We assist departments with the development of forms to collect information. These forms may be separate or embedded within a page. Note: Forms collecting sensitive data such as payment information or Social Security numbers are more complex projects.
- NELI Job Postings blog. NELI faculty and staff members found it cumbersome to disseminate all of the job postings of possible interest to their alumnae/i. Web Services worked with them to determine that a WordPress blog using the Bryn Mawr website theme would allow them to easily post and categorize job listings, and allow interested parties to easily view listings in chronological order.