The academic support specialist provides assistance with the following:
- Study, organizational and time management skills
- Note taking and test taking strategies
- Critical reading and efficient reading techniques
- Strategies for managing stress
- Methods to improve focus and motivation
The Academic Support and Learning Resources Specialist works collaboratively with students, individually and in groups, to achieve academic success, identify their strengths, and build confidence in their academic work. The Specialist also offers workshops and class presentations.