The committee meets approximately 5-6 times during an academic year. Each year, the focus and/or goals of the Committee center around the question, “How do we develop the understanding and awareness, among all members of our community, that accessibility is a campus-wide issue and needs campus-wide support and participation?”
The College is committed to maintaining an environment in which all members of the community — staff, students and faculty — are treated with respect and dignity. The mission of the Accessibility Leadership Committee is to raise awareness that accessibility is the responsibility of the entire College community. The Committee guides the College on its path to moving beyond compliance in order to build an innovative and inclusive social, physical and educational environment.
By working to ensure that each Bryn Mawr student has full access to their educational experience and that the community benefits fully from all its students, the Committee sees itself as advancing the mission of the College.
The Committee includes the following representation:
- Access Services Director (chair)
- Director of Dining Services
- Undergraduate College Assistant Dean
- Director of the Pensby Center
- Director of Residential Life
- Director of Campus Safety
- Associate Provost
- Assistant Provost for Administration
- Director of Facilities
- Chief Information Officer and Director of Libraries
- Senior Educational Technology Specialist
- Administrative Program Coordinator, LILAC