Deferred Enrollment Policy
Deferred enrollment, or a gap year, is a great opportunity to explore the world, pursue a passion, or work.
Admitted students may request to defer their enrollment for one year. If you want to take a gap year, you must complete the following:
- Pay your $500 enrollment deposit.
- Complete a Request to Defer Enrollment Form, including a detailed plan for your gap year. The deadline to request deferred enrollment is June 15.
- If your request is not approved, you can either enroll with the current admitted class or forfeit the offer of admission to the College. If you forfeit admission, you are able to re-apply the following admissions cycle.
- If your request is approved, you will need to submit an additional non-refundable $500 deposit to secure a place in next year's incoming class.
- In the fall of your gap year, the Office of Admissions will request an update and confirm your enrollment.
If you applied for financial aid at the time of their original admission, you must re-apply for financial aid by January 15. Students who do not meet this deadline are not guaranteed financial aid.