Application Plans & Deadlines
- Early Decision I: November 15
- Early Decision II: January 1
- Regular Decision: January 15
As a first-year applicant, you have the opportunity to apply under any of the three application deadlines above: Early Decision I, Early Decision II, or Regular Decision. All three plans follow the same process. If you are interested in applying to one of the Early Decision plans, please note that they are binding and you must enroll at Bryn Mawr if offered admission. If you apply under Early Decision at Bryn Mawr, you may not apply under Early Decision at any other institution; however, you may apply to other institutions under a Regular Decision plan or a non-binding Early Action plan.
First-year applicants for undergraduate admission must submit:
- Common Application (fee waived when submitted online)
- Bryn Mawr Writing Supplement
- School report including official transcripts (Homeschool and Alternative Education requirements)
- Two teacher evaluations
- Mid-year report
- If your mid-year report is not available until after January 15, we will still accept your application if the rest of your file is complete. We do require your mid-year report in order to issue a final decision.
- Standardized test results
- Final report
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
International students should submit a copy of the actual or predicted results of the exam that qualifies them for admission to university in their own country. An exception is made for Chinese students who do not need to submit any Gaokao predictions or results.
Transfer and McBride applicants should follow this application process.
Optional Application Components
First-year applicants have the option of submitting the following documentation to supplement their application:
- All applicants are encouraged to interview with an Admissions Officer or an alumna
- Athletes who plan to participate in an NCAA Division III varsity sport but have not connected with a varsity coach may complete the prospective scholar-athlete form
- Applicants are invited to submit arts supplements for consideration via the Common Applications Arts Supplement (SlideRoom). We will only accept submissions for music, theater, dance, and creative writing
Transgender applicants should review our Transgender Policy.