- Pay the $500 enrollment deposit.
- Complete a Request to Defer Enrollment Form, including a detailed plan for the gap year. The deadline to request deferred enrollment is June 1. Any requests submitted after that date are not guaranteed to be approved.
- If a request is not approved, the student can either enroll with the current admitted class or forfeit the offer of admission to the College. Students who forfeit admission are able to re-apply the following admissions cycle.
- If a request is approved, the student will need to submit an additional non-refundable $500 deposit to secure a place in next year's incoming class.
- In the fall of a student's gap year, the Office of Admissions will request an update and confirm enrollment.
- Students who applied for financial aid at the time of their original admission, must re-apply for financial aid by January 15. Students who do not meet this deadline are not guaranteed financial aid.
Note: If students chose to take classes at another institution during their gap year, they may not enroll as a full-time student. Deferred students may transfer up to four Bryn Mawr units (16 semester credits). Please review the College's Transfer Credit Policy for more information and contact the Registrar's Office with any questions.