Homeschooling and Alternative Education Requirements
Students whose secondary education and curriculum has been primarily at home, online (cyber charter), and/or does not follow the curriculum established by an accredited school district must submit the Common Application with supporting documents in addition to the following items:
- Official transcripts from any high schools or post-secondary institutions attended
- An academic portfolio that includes:
- A transcript of courses taken, either self-designed (including reading lists and syllabi) or a formal document from a correspondence school or agency
- Evaluations of grades received for each subject
- A short research paper, preferably completed within the last year (including evaluator’s comments)
- An additional essay on the reasons for choosing home-schooling
- An interview
Please note that the required two letters of recommendation should be from individuals other than the applicant's parents.
Early Admission Requirements
Each year, a few outstanding students enter Bryn Mawr after their junior year of high school. Students interested in applying for early admission should plan to complete a senior English course before matriculation. An interview is also required for these applicants.