Each year, the College receives a large number of applications from prospective transfer students for a limited number of places available in the class. For this reason, admission as a transfer student is very selective. Students are encouraged to contact email@example.com if they have any questions about the application process.
- The Common Application for Transfer Students (including personal essay)
- Bryn Mawr Writing Supplement (including resume and short answer questions)
- Official high school transcript. If you did not graduate from high school, please submit a GED.
- College transcript and College Report form for each college attended. (The College Report is a brief profile completed by a Dean or Registrar to accompany each college transcript.)
- 2 Academic Evaluations*
- Standardized test results (SAT or ACT) for international students only
- TOEFL or IELTS results if English is not your first language. (We can waive this requirement if you attended a school in which the only language of instruction was English. The minimum score required for admission consideration is 100 on the TOEFL or 7 on the IELTS.)
* Academic evaluations should be from college-level instructors. Applicants who have not attended college in the past 3 years can submit letters from non-academic recommenders (i.e. employers, colleagues, mentors, etc.) These references should comment as much as possible about the skills necessary for academic success such as writing, research, critical thinking, time management, ability to engage with new challenges, etc.
For those applicants who are applying for financial aid, please visit Financial Aid for Transfer Students for more details.
To enroll for the Spring 2015 semester (January-May) the deadline is November 1, 2014.
- International Students are not eligible to apply for the Spring semester
- Applicants can expect to receive their decisions by end of December.
To enroll for the Fall 2015 semester (August-December) the deadline is March 1, 2015.
Applicants can expect to receive their decisions between late April and mid-May.