What you’ll need:
- 1 clean, clear glass jar with a sealable lid (baby food jars work well. Avoid jars with imprints or that are otherwise unclear)
- 1 Bryn Mawr photo, laminated (we've provided several below. Use a laminator at an office supply store unless, of course, you are a crafty Mawrter with your own at home)
- 1 fake tree or other accoutrements
- Glass/bead glue or epoxy
- Glitter (Avoid clear and fine glitter. Consider using your class color!)
- Spray paint (Any color is fine, bonus if you use your class color here too!)
- Distilled water
- Print and laminate the Bryn Mawr image of your choice and in an appropriate size for your jar.
- Remove all labels from your jar and clean the glue from the glass.
- Spray paint the lid and allow several hours for it to dry thoroughly.
- Put a little glue on both the inside of the lid and the bottom of the Bryn Mawr photo and accoutrements.
- Allow to dry for 1-2 minutes and then press the image and accoutrements onto the lid.
- Allow to dry for 24 hours. This is an important step, otherwise your image and tree will float in the water.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of glitter into each jar (or more, if you really want to make a statement).
- Fill with distilled water and add 5 drops of glycerin. Screw the lid (with image) onto the top and you’ve got yourself a Project Mawrter snow globe!
Instructions modified from CraftaholicsAnonymous.