Have you always dreamed of moving or retiring abroad? Then this program is for you! The Lifestyle exploration program provides an authentic, extended introduction to living abroad. Enjoy language instruction combined with an immersion experience in Spanish lifestyle, customs, history and cuisine, courtesy of our experienced Lifestyle Guides. Spend three weeks in an apartahotel in Salamanca, a university town near Madrid that offers the convenience of a metropolis and the intimacy of a village. Mingle with locals, embark on exciting excursions and enhance your learning with educational lectures by local experts.
Depart your gateway city for Madrid abroad scheduled jet service.
Upon arrival transfer to the Hotel Wellington. Attend a welcome briefing with your AHI Tour Director who will ensure that you are fully informed about the program. In addition you will be given a Spanish cell phone* to use throughout your stay. Afterward, enjoy a Welcome Reception at the hotel. *Each cell phone will have a EURO 1o credit that can be used for local or international calls. You may purchase additional time as needed.
See the highlights of Madrid, including the Museo del Prado, Spainâs national art museum. View works of European masters, including VelÃ¡zquez and Goya. This afternoon depart for Salamanca. Upon arrival check into the Exe Hal 88 Apartahotel, then follow your fellow travelers for a Welcome Dinner.
Get to know your new home. Begin with a lecture on the history of Salamanca and Castilla y LeÃ³n. Then explore Salamanca on a guided walking tour. Locate your language school, shops, pharmacies and other essentials. Lunch is served at a Salamanca restaurant. This afternoon, visit a local market with your Lifestyle Guide and hone your grocery buying skills.
Tour the language school, meet the staff and begin your formal instruction. Each Monday through Thursday for the rest of your trip, experience Salamanca through your language lessons and excursions with your Lifestyle Guide and on your own.
An extra language lesson on Friday helps orient you to your new setting. That night, kick off the weekend with a tapas dinner, and trade stories of your first week with your fellow travelers. Your weekends are free to explore Salamanca and its surroundings. On Saturday, learn about Spanish cuisine during a cooking demonstration and enjoy a delicious lunch. Then venture to the medieval town of Ãvila on Sunday. Over lunch, take in a lecture on contemporary Spain.
Through your lessons, continue your immersion into the language and culture of Salamanca. Travel to Hacienda Zorita, just outside Salamanca, for a lecture on Spanish wine and a tasting on Wednesday.
Enjoy Friday and Saturday at leisure. On Friday, join fellow travelers at a cafÃ© for tapas, drinks and camaraderie. Visit the charming medieval cities of Burgos and Zamora on Sunday.
Through your lessons, continue your immersion into the language and culture of Salamanca. On Wednesday, enjoy dinner hosted by a local family in Salamanca. Meals with locals provide a great opportunity to practice your Spanish skills and learn more about the Spanish lifestyle. Eat lunch and practice your Spanish with university students on Thursday.
Enjoy Friday and Saturday at leisure. On Friday, join fellow travelers at a cafÃ© for tapas, drinks and camaraderie. Spend Sunday on a full day excursion to Portugal. That night, celebrate your Salamanca journey at a Graduation Ceremony followed by a Farewell reception and Dinner.
Transfer to Madrid. Enroute, stop at Segovia, a fascinating UNESCO World Heritage city. Upon arrival in Madrid, check into the Hotel Wellington.
Transfer to the airport for the return flight to your gateway city.
Cost Per Person based on double occupancy . . . $4,495
- Three weeks in Salamanca, Spain, at the first class Exe Hall 88 Apartahotel.
- Two nights in Madrid at the deluxe Hotel Wellington
- Deluxe motor coach transfers between Madrid and Salamanca, including baggage handling.
- Informative educational programs presented by local experts will enhance your inshigt into the region
- Eleven two-hour Spanish lessons. A LIFESTYLE Guide from a local language school provides small-group instruction tailored to your need.
- All excursions as outlined in your program itinerary.
- Attend a Welcome reception and a Welcome Dinner.
- Gather for a Graduation Ceremony and Farewell reception followed by a Farewell Dinner.
- Enjoy four breakfasts, five lunches and seven dinners.
- Tea and coffee with all meals plus wine with dinner.
- Sample authentic regional specialties during select meals at featured local restaurants.
- Take advantage of leisure time to try the local cuisine independently.
- Consultation services of a dedicated Passenger Service Representative prior to departure.
- Services of an experienced Travel Director throughout your stay
- Tipping of excursion guides and drivers throughout the entire program.
- Detailed travel and destination information to assist in planning
- Stay connected with friends and family with a complimentary Spanish cell phone.