This trip is now sold out. If you wish to add your name to the waitlist, please contact Gohagan & Company at (800) 922-3088.
Join alumnae/i from Bryn Mawr, Bucknell, and the University of Pennsylvania in the quintessentially Italian città di Como- your picturesque "home" for a full week- for this one-of-a-kind soggiorno.
Experience firsthand the authentic character of Italy's romantic Lombardy and Piedmont regions from the shores of beautiful Lake Como. During this specially designed itinerary, exploring the charming lakeside città (towns) and villagi (villages) dotting the coasts of Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, and Lake Orta. Stay in the center of medieval Como, falling into the daily rhythms and traditions of Italy's elite, and enjoy custom-designed Cultural Enrichments, including visits to the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Sacro Monte di Orta, the exquisitely Italian Villa del Balbianello and the secluded Isola Bella, and a rare specially arranged viewing of da Vinci's unrivaled painting, The Last Supper, a fixation for scholars since its inception. Engage with local Lombardi during the exclusive Village Life Forum, gain keen insights from a Como scholar and lifelong resident, sample savory regional specialties and hear the colorful Italian dialect. This popular program in the Village Life series will immerse you in an intimate travel experience at just the right pace and includes ideally located accommodations, specially arranged meals and all excursions-- truly an exceptional value!
If you wish to receive a PDF version of the trip brochure, please contact Carolyn Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depart the U.S. for Italy.
Check into the Palace Hotel in Como.
Walking tour of Cold Como.
- Lecture by Como Scholar.
Private cruise on Lake Maggiore around the Borromean Islands.
- Tour of Isola Bella's magnificent 17th-century palazzo and gardens.
- Exploring the charming strade (streets) of Stresa at your own pace.
Guided tour of Milan.
Visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Santa Maria della Grazie to see Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper.
Private scenic cruise on Lake Como.
- Specially arranged tour of the Italian National Trust's Villa del Balbianello.
- Explore charming Bellagio at your own pace.
- Exclusive Village Life Forum.
Private boat ride across Lake Orta to visit the beautiful Isola San Giulio. Walking tour to medieval Orta San Giulio.
- Guided tour on Sacro Monte di Orta.
- Day at leisure. Opt to stroll Como's colorful market and mingle with Lombardi.
Post-Program Verona & Venice Option*
Return to the U.S.
*Available at an additional cost.
- Seven nights in the charming Palace Hotel on the southern shore of Lake Como.
- Full breakfast each morning.
- Three dinners in the hotel and one dinner in a traditional restaurant, featuring northern Italian specialties paired with Italian wines.
- Welcome Reception.
Expert-Guided Excursions and Exclusive Cultural Enrichments
- Walking tour of Old Como.
- Spectacular, full-day scenic tour of Lake Maggiore, featuring a private cruise of the Borromean Islands and time to experience Stresa's spectacular views and tropical gardens at leisure.
- Visit to Lake Maggiore's Isola Bella with a walk through the gardens of the 17th-century Palazzo Borromeo.
- Full-day excursion to Milan to visit the world-famous Teatro all Scala and the exquisite Duomo.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan, with a specially arranged viewing of Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper.
- Private boat cruise across Lake Como to medieval Bellagio, including time at your own pace to explore this romantic and most famous village on Lake Como.
- Private guided tour of the Italian National Trust's magnificent 18th-century Villa del Balbianello.
- Specially arranged Village Life Forum with local Lombardy residents.
- Excursion by private boat to Lake Orta's island of San Giulio,including a visit to the 12th-century basilica, renowned for its medieval pulpit made of Black Oira marble and a walking tour of the beautiful medieval village.
- Guided tour of the fresco-adorned chapels dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi on Sacro Monte, a UNESCO World Heritage site overlooking Lake Orta.
- Opportunities to explore local markets in Como at your own pace.
- Opportunities to savor northern Italy's traditional cuisine during included meals and on your own.
- Occasion to interact with locals and immerse yourself in Lombardy life.
- Italian language introduction.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/depature(s) coincide with the schedule group transfer(s).
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for all included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water provided on motorcoaches during excursions.
- Hospitality desk in the hotel.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Program Director at your service.
- Complimentary use of an audio headset during guided excursions.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
Land Tariff (excluding taxes)
Per person, based on double occupancy
- Early Booking Tariff through October 22, 2018: $3,695
- Tariff after October 22, 2018: $3,995
Singles are available upon request for an additional $1,000.
Taxes are an additional $195 per person and are subject to change.
For reservations and additional information, please contact Gohagan & Company at (800) 922-3088.