Schedule an Appointment
By scheduling an appointment with the Educational and Scholarly Technology team, you can get support for your course’s specific hybrid or online needs, including learning to use College-supported technologies and creating digital assignments. Visit our Calendly page to see available times or contact the Help Desk with questions and requests.
On May 25, 2021, LITS held a Symposium on Post-Pandemic Teaching and Learning for faculty to come together and share their successes and lessons learned from the 2020-2021 academic year, which included ideas for teaching practices and uses of learning technologies that they hope to bring forward in the coming semesters.
Linked below are Panopto videos of each panel of presentations. Each video has an embedded table of contents to help you easily navigate to a specific presentation. The full event recording is 2 hours 7
minutes and is available at this link.
- “Padlet: A Tool for In-Class Communication,” Amanda Cox
- “Padlet as a Multi-Purpose T&L Tool,” Ignasi Gozalo-Salellas and Inés Arribas
- “Online Learning: Mapping Languages Via Storymap,” Agnès Peysson-Zeiss
- “It is on the syllabus Moodle: Using the LMS to Clarify a Foreign Language Curriculum,” Irina Walsh
- “Using Moodle and Zoom for Foreign Language Teaching,” Ying Liu
- “Pre-Class Questionnaires for Flipped Classrooms,” Lisa Traynor
- “Using UDL Concepts to Create a Collaborative and Inclusive Learning Environment in a Remote Hispanic Linguistics Course,” Kaylea Berard and Tala Anderson
- “Classroom Zoom Visits from Away and Abroad,” Martín Gaspar
- “Encouraging Student Engagement Using Zoom Private Chat,” Chris Murphy
- “A Fun and Rewarding Summer Project: Film Translation with Your Students,” Manar Darwish and Esther Kim
- Keynote: "Saving the Silver Lining: How the Pandemic Opened the World of Learning to Students with Disabilities and How We Can Keep Access in Our New Normal," Grace Cipressi, Assistive Technology Specialist, LITS
Presentation Slides and Resources
The slides used by the presenters, which include links to a number of resources, are available in this OneDrive folder. The sample Padlet site used during Amanda Cox’s presentation can be found at this link.
Contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance accessing the recordings. See the top of this page for information about scheduling an appointment with EAST for support or guidance on your course’s technology needs.
- Organizing Course Content and Activities on Moodle
- Writing On-Screen
- Zoom Accessibility Tips and Tricks
- Best Practices for Online Class Management
- Setting up your Moodle Gradebook
- Communicating with Students in Hybrid/Online Courses
- Moodle Assessment: Assignment, Quizzes and Forums
- Creating and Sharing Lectures Using Panopto
- Digital Audio-Visual Assignments
- Recycling Materials from Old Moodle Shells
Missed These Workshops?
EAST has recorded all workshops and can make them available to Bryn Mawr faculty and staff upon request. To get access, contact the Help Desk at email@example.com.