Volunteer Career Initiatives for the Alumnae/i Community
Bryn Mawr College is committed to providing comprehensive, lifetime career services to alumnae/i and views this as an important and meaningful activity. The creation and growth of the Career & Civic Engagement Center (the Center), has had a significant impact on the professional and personal development of students and recent graduates. The Center and Alumnae/i Relations and Development (ARD) are deeply connected in their efforts to provide opportunities to the alumnae/i community.
A group of Career Connectors was convened by Alumnae/i Career Services in 2019, building off of the momentum of the Meet a Mawrter: 1,000 Coffees initiative that many of them helped to create and execute, providing opportunities for alums who are energetic about and fulfilled by their own industries, professions, regions, and communities to foster supportive connections within the Bryn Mawr community.
The College and the Career & Civic Engagement Center seek to activate the Bryn Mawr alumnae/i network in support of career development and civic engagement. Connectors are advocates for and will promote awareness of Alumnae/i Career Services and build an active professional and personal networking culture through collaboration with the Senior Associate Director.
Examples of Activities:
- Meet with 4-5 alums every 3 months, in person or virtually, to get to know other alums within the region and grow the active network.
- Champion the participation of alumnae/i in Mawrter Connect, our enhanced personal and professional networking community.
- Attend College and Club events, and support efforts to encourage other alumnae/i to participate.
- Encourage alumnae/i to update their LinkedIn and Athena’s Web information, as well as to join the Bryn Mawr College LinkedIn groups.
- Track and report participation to the Senior Associate Director and Alumnae/i Relations.
The Senior Associate Director selects Connectors. Member terms will be three years.
Career Connectors, 2019-2020
- Sharon Harshbarger-Kucera ’90 (Princeton, NJ) – Alumnae Association Executive Board Careers Rep
- Cate Megley ’08 (New York, NY)
- Sumaya Abdurrezak ’05 (Seattle, WA)
- Theresa Kim ’01 (Washington, DC)
- Donna Vogel ’71 (Washington, DC)