We offer several ways to help build your network:
- Join Mawrter Connect, Bryn Mawr’s enhanced networking community
- Join LinkedIn groups:
- Bryn Mawr College Alumnae/i
- Bryn Mawr College Alumnae/i & Students
- Strengthen your online brand using the 10 Tips for Building a Stronger LinkedIn Profile
- Contact your regional Clubs or Affinity Groups for focused connections and events
- Get tips and strategies from our Networking and LinkedIn Guide
- Schedule a one-to-one coaching session to develop your personal strategy
This group is a place for current and past Mawrters to come together to connect each other, learn from each other, and share wisdom, information and experiences.
This group is a place for alumnae/i to connect with each other, as well as share professional development articles, information, job openings, and experiences. Graduating students may typically join in April of their year of graduation, but we invite the Class of 2021 to join in January 2021 to get a head start on networking for the job search or grad school planning.
Benefits to Students and Alumnae/i:
- Conversations in the group are only visible to those in the group.
- Group membership is verified by Bryn Mawr College.
- Individuals have unique strategies for managing their personal LinkedIn profiles; joining the group allows students and alumnae/i to have discussions without needing to link as a first degree connection.
- LinkedIn, by default, does not allow users to send messages to people they don’t know. Joining a group provides members the opportunity to send unlimited, free 1:1 messages to group members. Members have the flexibility to control which messages they accept or privately decline.
- Students and alumnae/i can ask questions, start discussions, or use the job tab to post opportunities, creating an online learning community.
Goals and Expectations for Students and Alumnae/i:
- The Bryn Mawr College Alumnae/i & Students LinkedIn Group is a learning community where students can start to practice their networking skills.
- The Career & Civic Engagement Center will provide guidelines and a networking contract to teach students the basics. Expectations are that members of the group will conduct professional interactions that are held to high ethical standards, including, but not limited to honesty and integrity, communicating and presenting oneself in a professional manner, and abiding by the networking policies available on the Career and Civic Engagement Center website.
- The Career & Civic Engagement Center wants to reward those who present themselves well, but hopes to take advantage of teachable moments, too. Please forward any feedback about positive or negative interactions to email@example.com; we will do our best to follow up.